Once you understand how panels work and how to organize them to your liking, you can save the configuration of those panels in a workspace to maintain the look and feel of your working environment at all times.
- [Instructor] Once you've organized panels the way…that you prefer, you can save that configuration…for future use by saving a workspace.…In addition there's no limit to how many workspaces…you save so you can save a workspace for different…types of work that you do.…For example, you might like one workspace configuration…when you're copyediting and another…when you're writing.…So let me show you how to do this.…Now I have InCopy open and with no document…in this example.…And my panel configuration is the way that I left off…from the previous video.…
Now one thing I like to explain is that if I come up here…to my workspace switcher, you'll notice that InCopy…provides us with three different workspaces to choose from.…But let me show you a unique thing about these workspaces.…If I choose Advanced you can see…that this is the configuration for my advanced workspace.…If I go back to Essentials, you may notice…that when we first started working in InCopy…this panel and these two panels were not part…of that Essentials workspace.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.