Many organizations contain users who work outside of a company's physical location. InCopy provides these users with a remote workflow solution that allows users to check out and edit content remotely using InCopy and allows them to return that content back to design to check back in. See how this option works in this video.
- [Instructor] In many organizations,…not all of the InCopy users…work in the same physical location.…Many authors and editors work from home…or another remote location.…Fortunately, InCopy and InDesign have a remote workflow…that allows the transfer of InCopy stories via email,…or another transfer method such as Dropbox or Google Drive.…Let me show you how this workflow works.…So I'm beginning this video…with the Remote Workflow.imdd file open inside of InDesign.…And I've already created stories…of all of the text stories in this document,…and in order to use remote workflow,…you need to create an assignment…that will become the assignment for the remote user.…
So what I'm going to do here…is I'm going to come up here to the Assignments Panel menu,…and I'm going to choose New Assignment.…And I'm going to call this assignment Remote.…Now I'm going to change the location of my assignment,…so I'm going to go into the 03_04 folder,…create a new folder called Assignments,…and I'll go ahead and save that into that folder.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.