Adobe InCopy contains many panels, each of which are designed for a specific purpose. In this video, learn how to open, close, dock, expand, and even collapse panels to tailor your working environment to suit your needs.
- [Instructor] There are several panels…in InCopy that are designed to…help you perform specific tasks.…Each panel is designed for a very specific purpose.…The good news is that most of…the panels that you need are part of…the workspaces provided in InCopy.…Let's take a look at the panels available…and how to take advantage of them.…I'm going to begin by opening up a document…inside of InCopy.…I'm going to open up the Xeriscaping.icml file.…And you'll notice we get a sync fonts…dialog again so I'm going to go ahead and sync them…and then I'll close that dialog box.…
Now, I'm going to switch over to layout view,…and just to make this a little bit more relevant.…Now the first thing I want to point out…is that up here in the upper right corner…we have what's called our workspace switcher button.…And feel free to click on that and choose…some of the different workspaces…and you'll see that it reconfigures your panels…in a variety of different ways.…So you can choose, say, Advanced,…and you'll see the number of panels…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.