Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Numbering book documents, part of Creating Long Documents with InDesign.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If the Book panel did nothing else but help you efficiently manage page numbers,…it would still be worth using in a long-document workflow.…With it you can set up all kinds numbering styles for pages, chapters, sections,…and lists, and have those numbers update automatically when the length or order…of your documents changes.…The Numbering Options are found in the Book panel menu, and there are Book Page…Numbering Options and Document Page Numbering Options.…Let's take a look at each of these.…First we'll take a look at the Document Page Numbering Options.…
This is exactly the same stuff you would see in the Numbering in Section Options…dialog box that you can see it in the Layout menu or the Pages panel.…The choice in the Book panel will be grayed out unless you have one and only one…document selected in the book.…You can also just double-click on the Page Range to open this Document Numbering Options.…So documents added to a book will number their pages and chapters sequentially…with Arabic numerals, unless you set them up to do otherwise, using either a…
- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 31m Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.