When you start working in layouts and assignments, it can be somewhat challenging at first to navigate from one page to another and one story to another. In this video, learn about several techniques that will help you to efficiently navigate a document using Adobe InCopy.
- [Instructor] As you begin working with more…complex documents, it'll become more important…that you understand how to efficiently navigate a document.…Let's explore some of the methods…by which you can navigate documents using InCopy.…Now in InCopy I'm going to go to the File menu and choose Open…and I'm going to navigate to my 0107 folder…and I'm going to open up the Navigating.indd file.…Now yes, this is an InDesign document…and we're going to talk about this…in more detail when we discuss the…layout-based workflow in a future video.…
But for now we're going to go ahead…and click on this and choose open.…Now we're going to get the missing fonts dialogue…and I'm just going to sync those fonts…so that I have all of them available inside of this document…and then I'm going to click the close button.…Now when I switch over to layout view,…you're going to notice that here in InDesign…I have the ability to see the actual layout…exactly as it's going to appear in its final form,…which is really powerful.…But let's talk right now about navigating inside of InCopy.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.