Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Long-document workflow overview, part of Creating Long Documents with InDesign.
Careful planning at the start of a project can put you on the path to success.…So, let's spend a few minutes considering some of the questions you might want…to ask and answer before you create your first InDesign document.…And first of all, let's acknowledge that every project is unique, there are…unique requirements and everyone has their unique way of working.…My general recommendation is that you start with the end in mind, start with…what you're trying to build and then figure out how to build it.…Start with the top issues and then drill down to the details.…The time you spent at the start of your project thinking about your…workflow, identifying important issues and planning for them can be the most…important time spent of all.…
First of all let's talk about deliverables.…What are your deliverables?…What are you trying to make and what are you trying to get out of InDesign?…It could be a print PDF, interactive PDF, an eBook of some kind, or maybe you're…packaging up the InDesign files with their assets and delivering those too.…
- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 31m Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.