This video shows how to insert special characters such as copyright, trademark, currency, and other symbols.
- [Instructor] Inevitably, you're going to encounter…a situation when you need a unique character in InCopy…that you either don't know the keyboard shortcut for…or simply have no idea where to find it.…Fortunately, InCopy provides us with several choices…for finding just the character that you need.…Let's take a closer look.…I'm beginning this video…with the Special Character.imdd file open inside of InCopy,…and I'm going to navigate to page 27.…Go ahead and choose that option,…and I'm going to work in Layout view,…but you can do this in any view that you wish.…
So in this particular example,…I need some copyright symbols.…And the first thing I'm going to do is…I'm going to check out this story.…So if I go to my Assignments Panel…and click on the Check Out button,…that will give me access to edit this.…Now, after these company names,…I would like to insert a copyright symbol,…and honestly, I have no idea what that keyboard shortcut is.…But InCopy makes this easy.…So, with my cursor where I want the copyright symbol to go,…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.