When content originates in InCopy, it can be helpful to begin with a template that provides basic and even advanced styles to help content creators format copy appropriately. In this video, see how to accomplish this.
- [Instructor] When content is authored in InCopy,…it's helpful to provide a template…that can serve as a starting point for that content.…Providing template that includes styles…can make the process a lot faster…for the content creators in InCopy.…Let's take a look at how to create an InCopy template.…So I'm beginning this video inside of Adobe InCopy,…and I'm going to go to the File menu, and I'm going to choose New.…Now, when we think about creating a template,…a template can serve any number of different purposes.…
We can create a template that'll provide…some basic styles for users,…we can also create a template that defines a certain amount…of space that the article needs to occupy.…So, what I'm going to do here is…I'm going to turn off Facing Pages,…this is typically not very helpful within InCopy,…but you have that choice to turn it on or off.…Now, in the Text Area, like let's say for example,…that we're creating content for a magazine…or even a newspaper, newsletter, whatever,…and that layout has a particular column width…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.