Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Creating Long Documents with InDesign.
This video concludes our look at creating long documents in InDesign.…I hope you enjoyed the videos and that they gave you a lot of valuable…information you can put to use in your work.…If you want to learn more about using InDesign, I can heartily suggest that you…check out some of the other titles in the lynda.com Online Training Library.…If you need to produce e-books from your long documents, watch Anne-Marie…Concepcion's InDesign to Kindle, EPUB and iPad, as well as James Fritz's…InDesign CS5.5 New Features.…If you need to learn about automated publishing with XML, check out Jim…Maivald's Dynamic Publishing Workflows in XML, and of course there's always David…Blatner's InDesign Essential Training and Beyond the Basics titles, just…chockfull of an amazing amount of InDesign information.…
Thanks again for watching, and I wish you great success in your work with…long documents.…
- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.