InCopy gives editorial staff not only editing control, but formatting control as well. Adding the ability to apply styles to copy can ensure that formatting adheres to brand guidelines throughout the workflow. Watch this video to learn how to apply formatting to content in InCopy.
- [Instructor] InCopy provides the tools needed…to apply formatting to text.…For maximum and efficiency and compatibility,…I highly recommend the use of styles in a document.…Using these styles provides numerous benefits,…including the ability of content authors…to see how text will actually look in the finished product.…Designers don't have to reformat the content…when flowed into InDesign.…If different formatting is required,…the use of character styles can ensure the retention…of bold, italic, and so forth,…as well as many other benefits.…
Let me show you how to format content…in InCopy using styles.…So I'm beginning this video…with the InCopyformatting.icml document already open.…And essentially, the background here…is that I used an InCopy template,…and I've written some text in this document.…So this document already has some styles that we can use.…Now what I might want to do to get started,…is I'm going to undock my paragraph styles…and character styles here,…just to make it a little bit easier for us…to apply and see what's going on here.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.