In some situations, content might be authored in Microsoft Word. To advance content through the workflow, it can be useful to flow Word content into InCopy for further editing and to apply formatting to the content. See how to flow copy from Word into Adobe InCopy in this video.
- [Instructor] It's quite common for content…to originate in Microsoft Word.…This often occurs when editors need to go back and forth…with an author for a period of time…until an article has been finalized.…Once it's finalized, however,…it's ready to move into production…and will need to be formatted.…Although this could be done by a designer in Adobe InDesign,…it might make more sense for an editor…to apply basic formatting in InCopy,…and then pass it on to the design department.…Let's walk through the process…of flowing a Word document into Adobe InCopy.…
Now, I currently have…the Word.docx file open on my computer,…and this is what you would typically receive from an author.…And it might even have some formatting applied to it…that they have done inside of Word.…Now what I'd like to do is pull this into InCopy…so I can apply some more rigid formatting to this.…So I'm going to switch over to InCopy,…and I'm going to begin…by opening up an article template, or InCopy template.…So I'm going to choose File, Open,…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.