This video shows how to export a document to the PDF format.
- [Narrator] One of the great benefits of using InCopy…is that InCopy users have the ability…to export to the PDF format,…without having to bother the designers…to do it for them.…Additionally, there's some great features…that are specific to InCopy…that can enhance your workflow.…Now, I've opened up the PDF.indd file…inside of Adobe InCopy.…I want to point out, however,…that you don't have to use this particular layout.…It could be an assignment,…or the file could also be just an ICML file.…
You can export to PDF in any one of those formats.…I've chosen to use a layout or assignment,…only so you can see the overall benefit…of how useful this feature is.…Now, inside of InCopy,…I'm going to go to the File menu and I'm going to choose Export.…And, at the very bottom of the dialogue box,…in this dropdown menu,…I'm going to choose Adobe PDF (Print.)…You'll notice that, if you're familiar with InDesign,…we have an interactive PDF available as well,…but for InCopy, we only have the print version.…
So, I'm going to choose PDF (Print)…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.