Adobe InCopy provides users with three different views for writing and editing content—Galley view, Story view, and Layout view. Each view has different features and advantages designed to allow users to work in their preferred environment.
- [Instructor] Adobe InCopy provides you…with three different views that you can use…to view and edit content.…Each view has different advantages,…so let me go over them with you,…and you can decide which view you prefer…for different situations.…So, I'm going to begin by opening up an InCopy story.…So, I'm going to go to the File menu.…Choose Open.…And if I navigate to the 01_02 folder,…I'm going to select this file called Hardscaping.icml.…Now, this is the most primitive file type…that you'll be working with in the InDesign/InCopy workflow.…
ICML stands for InCopy Markup Language,…and it's basically the file format for a story,…or an article, if you will.…So with that selected, I'm going to choose Open.…And InCopy is going to open this document.…Now, throughout this course,…we're going to be using some Typekit fonts.…And as long as you are a Creative Cloud subscriber,…you're going to get this Sync Fonts button,…that's going to allow me to activate…all of these missing fonts.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on that Sync Fonts button…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.