The Galley and Story views provide users with the ability to customize the general appearance of each view, as well as the text appearance including font, size, and spacing that affect only the appearance of the Galley and Story views, but not the appearance of the actual design. See how to customize this appearance in this video.
- [Instructor] The advantage of the Galley…and Story views in InCopy…is that you can view and edit content…using any font and size that suits your needs.…So if you prefer to edit in a certain font…with a certain spacing and even color, you can do that.…Let me show you how to do this in InCopy.…I'm going to go ahead and open a file…and I'm going to do this in my 01_03 folder…and I'm going to open the Hardscaping.icml file.…Now, when I do this, I'm going to get a Missing Font dialog box…and I'm just going to go ahead and sync the fonts…and then I'll go ahead and close that dialog box.…
Now, in Galley and Story view,…you're going to notice down here in the lower left hand corner…that you have a font menu,…a Text Preview Size menu…as well as a Text Preview Spacing menu.…Now, it's important to understand…that these menus are very different…from the font menus that are up here at the top…of the InCopy interface.…This section down here is only controlling…the appearance of the font…within the Galley and Story views.…
So for example, let's say I like to edit in a certain font.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.