You can also create an InCopy story from within Adobe InDesign. This is a common workflow when design begins the process but then there is a need to make stories available for editing using InCopy. See how to create stories using InDesign in this video.
- [Instructor] For many organizations,…the entire project begins in Adobe InDesign,…and then stories are made available…for editing in InCopy.…This allows the designer to format…content ahead of time,…so that when the content is edited in InCopy,…they'll see the project in its current state.…Let me walk you through how to…create stories from an InDesign layout.…Now, I have the layout.indd file open…inside of InDesign, and I'm currently…taking the role of the designer or the…InDesign user who has already laid out the document,…even if it's not in its final form,…and then they're going to make this content available,…so this has to be done directly inside of InDesign.…
Now, what I'm going to do is I'm going to select…this first text frame here,…and I have my text threads displayed,…which you can access by going to View,…Extras, Show Text Threads,…and this is basically one single story.…So even though this is two separate frames,…it is one single thread of text.…And I want to export that as a story.…So I'm going to select this frame,…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.