This video focuses on working with table-based content in Adobe InCopy.
- [Instructor] Tables are a great way to display data,…and InCopy makes them easy to work with.…Using InCopy, you can adjust the size,…add, and remove columns and rows,…and even convert basic text to a table.…Let's take look at how we can take advantage of the tables…feature in InCopy.…Now I have InCopy open and I'm just going to go to File…and choose New to create a brand new document.…I'll turn off Facing Pages…and leave everything set to the default.…Go ahead and click OK.…Now the first thing you need to understand about a table…is that a tables always has to be an element…of a text frame.…
And since that essentially is what an InCopy document is,…you're already where you need to be.…The second thing you have to remember is…that because a table's an element of a text frame,…the only tool that you can use to modify a table…is, of course, the Type tool.…So with cursor in this document, I'm going to come up…here to the table menu, and I'm going to choose Insert Table.…Now I can choose here…how many rows I want and how many columns.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.