This video shows how to use notes to communicate information between InCopy and InDesign users.
- [Instructor] Both InCopy and InDesign…allow users to add notes to text…for conveying information between users.…Let me show you how the Notes feature works in InCopy,…as well as InDesign.…Now, I'm beginning this video in InCopy…with the Notes.indd file open on my machine,…and I've navigated to page 28 in that file,…and I'm just going to go ahead and check out…this story, so go to my Assignments panel,…and I'll check out that story.…And I'm going to add some notes to this text.…
Now, you can add notes in any view you wish,…but my preference is to add them…in galley or story view because they're much easier to see.…So, I'm going to switch over to galley view,…and you can see here where we have our view,…and I'm just going to navigate to that…so we can see it a little bit better,…go to galley view.…And now we can see where the text is in that document,…and I'm going to start adding some notes.…Now, there's a couple of ways you can do this.…
I'm just going to click where I want to add the note,…and if I come up here to the Notes menu,…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.