As the InCopy workflow can be collaborative, there needs to be a method of controlling access to stories in a layout or assignment. InDesign and InCopy handle this via a check-in/check-out process by which users are granted access to edit a story. See how this process works in this video.
- [Instructor] What makes the InCopy workflow so powerful…is its management of the stories…and who can edit each story at a given moment in time.…The way that this occurs…is using a check in check out process.…Think of it like a library.…When you go to the library and want to take a book home,…you need to check it out.…During that time, nobody else can read that book…until you return it.…The exact same process applies in InDesign and InCopy.…Let me show you how this works.…I have the check in check out InDesign document open…inside of InDesign.…
And as you can see,…I've exported each of these stories as an InCopy file.…So once I do that, the workflow has been initiated.…And what's going to happen is, even the designer in InDesign…is going to have to check out these stories to make an edit.…So for example, if I double click in here…and I start typing,…InDesign is going to give me an error message…telling me that if I want to make an edit to this,…I have to check it out.…
And it gives me the opportunity to check it out…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.