The assignment-based workflow—which requires some setup—allows the compartmentalization of stories in an InDesign layout by determining which stories are assigned to an assignment. This is a great way to control access or manage different stages within an organization's workflow.
- [Narrator] The Assignment-based workflow…provides an additional level of control…by allowing the segregation of stories…into different Assignments.…Think of an Assignment as an instance of the layout.…In this workflow the InCopy users open the Assignment…file instead of the InDesign document.…Let's take a closer look at this workflow.…Now once again, the 03_03 folder that…we're going to be working with,…I have copied this to my InCopy server,…so I'm doing this so that you get an idea…of how important this is,…to put it all in the server…and so that all of the content will be accessible…to anyone else that has access to this server…and this folder.…
Now inside of this 03_03 folder,…I'm going to open up the Assignment workflow Indesign…document inside of InDesign.…Now once again, this is a static InDesign document,…I haven't created any stories yet,…but I'm going to go through the process…of creating those stories so you can see…how we add them to Assignments.…So I'm going to go to the Edit menu,…and I'm going to choose InCopy, Export, All Stories,…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.