Discover the purpose of the transparency grid. Learn how to show and hide the transparency grid.
- [Instructor] If you're a Photoshop user,…you'll be familiar with transparency being represented…with a checkerboard.…In Illustrator, there is also a transparency grid.…It doesn't get used anywhere near as frequently…as it does in Photoshop, and there are no preferences…whereby you can specify the size of the checkerboard…or the color of the checkerboard,…but you can turn it on.…And sometimes, it can give you some useful visual feedback.…Here I have a gradient that goes from green to transparent,…but you wouldn't necessarily know that.…
You might think it goes from green to white,…but if I turn on the transparency grid,…then there's no ambiguity about that.…We see that the transparency grid also applies…to the pasteboard.…This is something we can toggle on and off,…as needed, Command + Shift + D or Control + Shift + D.…
- Reviewing grid and guide tools
- Using the GuideGuide plugin for Illustrator
- Creating modular and baseline grids
- Designing using constraint angles
- Creating a pattern from a grid
- Creating type with a grid
- Creating a grid from an object mosaic
Skill Level Beginner
Designing with Grids in InDesignwith Nigel French2h 12m Intermediate
1. Grid and Guide Tools
2. Grids and Guides in Action
3. Everything Is a Grid
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.