Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video A roadmap for vector building, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- All the work you've spent in the analogue stages…drawing out your design and refining it…is now going to pay off and facilitate…your vector building in Illustrator.…In this movie, we'll see that a tight sketch drawing…is vital in creating precise Illustrative design.…Now that we have our refined sketch scanned in,…I want to show you how to place it in Illustrator,…and the way you do that is you just go up to File…and you pull down to Place.…
Now, notice in a previous movie,…I showed you how to set up custom keyboard shortcuts,…and I actually have a shortcut set up for this.…It's F10.…So I don't even go up to the menu to do this anymore.…I just hit F10.…It brings this up, but this is how you can do it…if you don't have a shortcut set up for it.…So we'll click Place.…That will bring up this menu.…In this case, we're going to pull the file off the desktop…in the Exercise File.…So we'll open that.…It's under Chapter 5 of the Exercise Files,…and we want to place this refined sketch,…so we'll go ahead and place it.…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 49m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 5s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.