Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video The point-by-point method, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- When it comes to vector building,…there's nothing more fundamental…than building your shapes one anchor point at a time,…hence the name point by point.…it simply defines the most common method designers use…to create vector art.…In this movie,…we'll go over a four step method…that will help you optimize point by point building…and help you create your drawn design more precisely.…So I'm going to build this skull artwork,…and the area we're going to focus on to demonstrate…building point by point in Illustrator…is on the left hand side of the skull.…
And for all of you skeletal nuts out there…this would be the zygomatic bone,…just a little extra trivia.…We're going to go ahead and grab the pen tool here,…and we're going to begin building.…Where we're going to start at though is,…I'm going to start right down here, right at the bottom.…And we'll just place a point,…anywhere that comes to a point gets a point.…You've heard me say that already in other movies,…and, once again,…this curve is so narrow…we don't need an anchor point anywhere in between.…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 49m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 5s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.