Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing
Skill Level Intermediate
- Whether it's a Broadway show or a community theater, a PTA meeting, or a block party, a well-designed poster can generate a crowd. (upbeat music) Hi, I'm Nigel French and this is Designing an Event Poster. As a graphic designer and instructor with over 15 years experience, I've come to know the tools of the trade and how to get the most out of them. In this course we'll be using real world design and production techniques in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge CS4 to create posters that are impactful and attention grabbing.
Using a single fictitious event as our starting point, we'll be working with a variety of approaches, from the literal, to the abstract, to the historical, to generate over a dozen potential poster designs. Of course, design can be subjective. So throughout this course, if you get an idea to design something differently, great! Your design sense is uniquely yours and I encourage you to explore it. My design solutions are merely suggestions. We'll be designing posters from start to finish, from generating ideas and sketching thumbnails, to choosing fonts, to combining type and graphics, to printing proofs and making print ready PDFs.
A good poster does more than just communicate information. A well designed poster is a piece of art that people will want to hang on their walls long after the event itself is over. With that thought, let's get started with Designing an Event Poster.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.