Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video A brief tour of the logo development process, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie I'm gonna take you on a brief tour…of the logo development process in its entirety,…from that sketch that I selected in the previous movie…all the way to the final design.…And I'm gonna show you the whole thing, warts and all.…What you're about to see over the next few minutes…took me about eight evenings over the span of a few weeks,…so I logged in a lot of hours.…And you'll see that while some of the ideas are pretty good,…and a final design meets all the brand objectives,…I experimented with some shockingly bad ideas along the way.…
Some of the designs that you're about to see…don't work at all, but that's just…how the creative process works.…I've never met anyone who says they sat down…and created the perfect logo right off the bat.…It takes real time and effort,…and you'll have lots of opportunities…to re-evaluate your work, and with any luck…learn from your mistakes.…So here's that sketch that I was so enchanted with,…once again from Danielle Fritz.…And so the first thing I did was to just…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.