Explore toggling to zoom to your selection preference.
- [Instructor] In Illustrator CC 2017, I think it was,…a zoom to selection feature was added…and that meant if you selected something…on a piece of artwork and used either the zoom tool…or any of the zoom controls,…it would center that on the art board.…I'll demonstrate on this document that I'm using here…with a collection of targets.…You may have this one but any of your own will do,…and I'll target the black crosshair at the top there…and then hold down the command key,…of course this would be control on Windows,…and tap plus, and you'll see it's centered immediately…in my view, and I zoom in directly on that.…
I don't have a problem with that.…I actually find that really, really useful personally,…but some people weren't fans at all,…and I suppose, you know, it's all horses for courses.…So what we're going to do here is show you…in the preferences where you can disable that behavior…if you don't want it.…So I'll go to the Illustrator menu…and down to Preferences,…and then I'll choose Selection & Anchor Display,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.