Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Your keyboard is your friend, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When it comes to working with the Pen tool, your keyboard is definitely your friend.…In this movie, I'll be walking you through some useful keyboard shortcuts that…you can utilize while working with the Pen tool, to make it easier on you, and…make it less tedious by going over to the Tools panel all the time and switching tools.…Now, we already know that the Pen tool is adaptive, and when you get close to a…path, it's going to automatically change to whatever tool it thinks you're…going to be using, but what if the tool that it thinks you're using isn't the tool you want?…You need to be able to switch almost instantaneously to the tool that you're…wanting, and so we're going to utilize the keyboard to do just that.…
I'm going to zoom in on this circle in the bottom left of the artwork.…When I get on this circle, I am then going to switch to the Pen tool by coming…and clicking on it inside of the Tools panel.…You'll notice, when I click and hold on that Pen tool, it automatically opens up…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.