Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Young lovers, part of Designing a Poster with InDesign CS4.
In this one we have a very literal interpretation of the play, a picture of…two young lovers. Obviously given how they are dressed and their hairstyles,…this would need to very modern contemporary production, but if indeed it is,…then perhaps this will work. I'm going to begin with it looking like this.…Now I went down a few different routes before I got to this end result that we…just saw and one of them was to have this, the picture of Juliet's balcony,…as the background, turned to a negative actually and then on top of that a treatment…of a rose that I messed around with in Illustrator.…
I kind of decided I didn't really like it. I think it was trying to throw too…many things in at the same time. So I arguably snatched victory from jaws of…defeat with this one by a finding this stock image of two young lovers that…we have right here and the trick here is that it's all about how we crop the…picture to make it work, and also the transparency that we applied to the…picture so that the colors in the picture don't become too distracting.…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing