Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with sublayers, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
In addition to the main layers that we have to deal with inside of Illustrator,…we also have to deal with sublayers as well.…In this movie, I'll walk you through what a sublayer is, and how you can use it.…The first thing I'm going to do is come up here in my document, and expand…out the Buttons layer.…Inside of the Buttons layer, you're going to see that I have several different…groups associated with each of the buttons down here at the bottom.…When I click on these to target them, I'm actually targeting the…sublayers themselves.…Sublayers are any layers that are indented, like the ones you see here.…If I expand this group out, it's actually got two more sublayers inside of it,…one of which is the text for campus tours, and the other is the path that…makes up the button.…
If I twirl that back up, I can then control the group by itself.…By targeting this group, I make it my active selection.…And you'll notice here, it's actually at the top of the stacking order, but this…button is the last button on the page.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.