Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with strokes, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the great things about Adobe Illustrator is the fact that it gives you…control independently of both your fill color and your stroke color.…In this movie, I am going to show you how to work with strokes inside of Illustrator.…As we know, a stroke is merely a border that goes around the outside of an…object and in Illustrator CS6,…it can actually be a solid color or a gradient color as well.…In order to apply a stroke, you have to have an object selected on your artboard…and then you have to gain control of the stroke and then apply a color to it.…Once you've got the color applied, you can actually change several stroke…options along the way to make the stroke look very different and even more artistic.…
You can even use brushes inside of Illustrator as strokes as well,…to make your artwork look hand-painted, or have a decorative border around the…outside of it. The possibilities are endless.…So let's take a look at how we can apply strokes to some artwork.…I have got some artwork on my artboard here and if I hover over the top, you'll…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.