Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with fills, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Now that we understand the differences between fills and strokes, we're ready to…start applying that knowledge here in a real world application.…Let's say, for instance, that an artist has sent me a rendering of my mascot or…logo like you see here.…They've sent me a rendering of it, but it's basically a wireframe and I need…to apply fills to this object based on colors that I choose in order to make it come to life.…So I'm working on this fills_start document, and if I hop over here to the…fills_finish document, you'll see exactly what I'm trying to create.…I'm going to be coloring in the bear just like this.…
Essentially what you're thinking of here is just like a coloring book when you were a child.…You're going in and you're just staying within the lines and filling it with the…colors that you want.…The first thing you have to do before you start applying fills is you actually…have to have an object selected in order to apply fills to it.…So I'm going to select this earpiece, for instance.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.