Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with color libraries, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
There will come a time when you're working in Illustrator, especially if you do a…lot of client work, that the client simply won't know what color they need for…any particular project.…In that case, it's up to you to determine exactly what swatches you use for…that given project.…In this movie I am going to show you how to utilize some of the built-in swatch…libraries to hopefully alleviate some of that pain.…As you can see here, I've got lots of different shapes here on my…artboard. They are all individual and they've all got different colors applied to them already.…Well let's say the client didn't really know exactly what they wanted…these colors to be.…
I might have to use the built-in swatch libraries to find something that I like.…In order to access the swatch libraries you are going to have to go over…the Swatches panel and find this little stack of books in the bottom left-hand corner.…When you hover it, it says Swatch Libraries menu. When you open it up…you will see things like Art History, Celebration, Color Books, Color…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.