Learn how to use artboards effectively in a digital environment.
- [Narrator] When you create a new Illustrator file…one of the options you get is to introduce…a number of art boards.…And you can have up to 1,000 art boards in a document,…provided there's enough room on the pace board, of course.…So, at the current size,…if I just drop this down to something nice and small,…like 72 by 72,…so around about an inch in size,…that's what that looks like.…And that's great if you're doing things…like really massive icon sets,…and of course fonts where lots and lots…of character shapes are required.…
Got plenty of room for that.…Once you've got art boards in…or enough art boards in for your particular project…the next thing you should be doing is naming them.…I'm gonna hold down shift and tap O…to get the art board tool…and you'll see that all of these art boards…are indeed named and I can select them like so,…and you'll see their name also in the field…at the top of the screen here as well.…In fact, I've just managed to overwrite that one,…so I'll just give Snapchat its name back.…
There we go.…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.