Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with PostScript (EPS) files, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Seeing Through Transparency.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When it comes time to saving your Illustrator files for placing into…other applications.…For example, maybe you're taking your file and you're placing it into InDesign…or you're placing it into Microsoft Word or to QuarkXPress, so on and so forth,…you have to pay attention to the file formats that you're using.…Now if you're going into InDesign, it's something we'll actually cover in detail…in the next movie, but the best file format that you could use is to actually…stick with the native Illustrator file format.…However, if you're sending graphics into QuarkXPress or into other applications…that maybe are unknown to you, for example, a client requests a image from you…or some piece of artwork from you and you don't really know how they're going to…be using it, the best way to provide it to them is in a standardized format…called EPS or PostScript.…
However, as we've already discussed throughout this entire title, PostScript is…a language that does not understand transparency.…In other words, when you save your file as an EPS file out of Illustrator,…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.