Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Paintbrush and Pencil tools, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
One of the most basic ways to draw paths and shapes inside of Illustrator is to…freehand draw them utilizing the Paintbrush and Pencil tools.…In this movie, I'll walk you through using both of these, and how you can create…some really simple, hand-drawn pieces of artwork.…I am going to start off by creating a brand new document, and in order to do that,…I am going to hit Command+N or Control+N on my keyboard.…Once I do that, I will accept the defaults, and hit OK.…Once I get my new document created, I am going to come over to find the…Paintbrush tool, and the Pencil tool.…The Paintbrush tool can be accessed by hitting the letter B on your keyboard, or…simply by clicking it in the Tools panel.…
The Pencil tool can be accessed by hitting the letter N on your keyboard.…You'll notice the keyboard shortcuts when you hover over them.…I am going to first start off with the brush tool, and with the Paintbrush…tool selected, I can either come out here and start painting, or I can set up some options.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.