Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Links panel, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
When you begin to place images inside of Adobe Illustrator, you're going to have…to deal with something called the Links panel.…In this movie, I am going to be exploring the Links panel, and exactly what it is,…and how it helps you work with bitmapped images inside of Illustrator.…I'm currently inside of Adobe Bridge, but you could simply open this file that…I'm about to open directly from Illustrator if you want to.…It's called missing_link.ai.…I am going to find it right here, and I'm just going to open it up.…When I open it up, you're going to see that I get a warning box telling me that…it could not find the linked file, missing_link.jpg.…
I can either choose to replace that, select another file, or I can ignore it, and…leave the link unchanged.…Any time you have artwork that's linked inside of an Illustrator document --…it doesn't even necessarily have to be a JPEG or a TIFF --…Illustrator is going to come up, if that object has been moved or changed…since the last time you opened it, and it's going to tell you, hey, I can't find this file.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.