Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Control panel, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
As is the case with most Adobe applications, Illustrator comes equipped with…what I call a constant command center.…By this I mean a centralized location that displays useful information and tools…that are easily accessible by you, the user, at any given time.…We call this command center the Control panel, and in this movie, I'll be…exploring it in its entirety.…So first of all, you have to know where the Control panel is.…The Control panel is this strip that starts on the left and goes all the…way over to the right.…
In order to get a better understanding of the Control panel, I'm actually going…bring it out so that you can see it.…If you want to undock the Control panel, you take this little dashed line right…here, click and drag out.…As you can see, the Control panel becomes floating right out there in the middle.…The Control panel is context-sensitive, meaning depending on what tool or object…you have selected at any given time inside of Illustrator, the options that you…see here will constantly change.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.