Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Blob Brush and Eraser tools, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Now it's time to have a little fun here inside of Illustrator.…I'm going to be utilizing one of my favorite tools: the Blob brush.…It's just fun to say -- Blob brush -- and in this case, I'm going to use it to create…some really interesting artwork, and also do some stuff that you probably didn't…even know you could do inside of Illustrator.…I'm going to create a brand new blank document to start off with.…So I'm going to hit Command+N or Control+N on my keyboard, and I'll just hit OK to…accept the defaults.…Now traditionally in Illustrator, you've always been able to paint and draw, using…the brush, and the Pencil tool.…
The problem with the Paintbrush tool and the Pencil tool is, once you've drawn…something, it's kind of hard to add something to that artwork, unless you knew…how to use things like the Average and Join commands, or you knew how to use the…Pathfinder, or stuff like that.…With the Blob brush tool, you're actually able to join artwork together by…utilizing a brush, which is really neat.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.