In this video, learn how to use the Asset Export panel.
- [Instructor] The quickest way to export elements,…groups of elements, and even entire layers…to multiple rendition sizes,…is with Illustrator's Asset Export.…If I just open the Layers panel here,…in this file I've got an Icons layer,…and I've got four pieces of named content…inside of that layer.…What I'm going to do is to click, and then Shift click…to select that range of sub-layers there.…And then I'm going to click this icon…at the bottom left of the Layers panel, Collect for Export.…
And just before I do that,…if I had the layers themselves highlighted,…it would export the entire layer.…So if I click on that, it opens the Asset Export panel,…and automatically loads in those elements.…And here's one of the benefits of naming those elements…in the Layers panel, I don't have…to worry about doing that again.…Once that's done, all I need to do is to choose…the different renditions I'd like.…So I've got one times PNG here.…If I add a scale, we'll have that three times,…or two times.…
You can see I can go right the way up there to four times,…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.