Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video What is illustrative design?, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
So what's illustrative design? It's simple, it's nothing more than a design-oriented project that requires an illustrative approach in order to solve the graphic problem. Whatever type of illustrative design project you face, the key to solving it successfully is going to be determined by the creative process you use. And in this course, I'll be taking you through a systematic creative process I use every day in order to create ideas requiring an illustrative approach.
The process is easy to understand, and you'll be able to adapt it to your own workflow. So if you've ever come up with an idea and you thought you couldn't pull it off, it's my goal to help facilitate your skills, so you can approach and execute on illustrative design with more precision and success moving forward.
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations