Shows how to create professional-quality illustrations for print and electronic output, in the shortest time possible.
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Welcome to Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator lets you create smooth line drawings, type treatments, and product artwork to make the slickest graphics in the business. The purpose of the following movies is to get you up and running with Illustrator in the shortest amount of time possible. I make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, far from it. Instead, I show you just those features that you need to know to make your first professionally designed illustration.
Specifically, I show you how to use Illustrator's wealth of drawing tools, both the easy ones and the hard ones, to create smooth line graphics. I show you how to modify your lines and shapes, or what Illustrator calls path outlines, to get the precise effect you're looking for. Note that I assume no prior knowledge of Illustrator. If you do happen to know a thing or two about the program, great. In the end, if you feel like there's more you'd like to learn, I'll point you in a couple of directions.
In the meantime, here's how to make the most of Illustrator.
- Getting around an illustration
- Drawing shapes and brushstrokes
- Applying fills and strokes
- Designing custom gradients
- Creating type on a path
- Working with the Layers panel
- Scaling and rotating artwork
- Drawing with the pen tool
- Saving and exporting artwork