Discover how designers and engineers can share files between Illustrator and CAD programs like AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Adobe Illustrator: Working with CAD Files. I'm William Everhart, and I will be your guide throughout this course. In this course, we'll look at some of the more common workflows for exchanging files between Adobe Illustrator and various CAD applications. I'll start by discussing some of the more common scenarios where you might find designers and engineers sharing files. Then I'll show you how to export CAD Files from applications like AutoCAD and Google SketchUp to share with Illustrator.
I'll demonstrate how to open CAD Files with Adobe Illustrator, and how to handle any issues that are created during the conversion. You'll see how to properly prepare Adobe Illustrator documents for conversion to a CAD format. And we'll be covering all of these features, plus many other tools and techniques, to make working with CAD and Illustrator files a more enjoyable and productive experience. Now, let's get started with Adobe Illustrator: Working with CAD Files.
- Working with scale drawings
- Opening DWG and DXF files with Illustrator
- Importing files from SketchUp
- Preparing Illustrator artwork for export
- Using plugins in Illustrator