Learn about time-saving features of the Vector First Aid plugin.
- [Narrator] This plugin is absolutely incredible,…and what I'm going to show you is impressive,…but it's nowhere near what I could show you with this,…and check out Mike Rankin's course…if you want to find out more about VectorFirstAid.…I was lucky enough to be able to debut this globally…at a live event, and it is an incredible piece of kit…that can work with so much more than drawings.…It has presets for PDFs and all sorts of other things,…even things that've been converted…from PDFs to Word and visa versa.…
So, what I'm going to do is select this cartoon like so,…if I just select the whole thing here,…and I did this inside Illustrator Draw,…and I purposely wasn't too careful…about how I did it, either,…not that you could tell by looking at that,…and if I go into outline mode,…you can see all of the anchor points there.…Now, just by clicking this single icon at the top,…left here, this will run the super-smart…remove points algorithm that this panel has,…and it will remove any unnecessary points,…and at the same time preserve the lines that I've got there.…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.