Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using width profiles, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As you start to create strokes with varying widths, you may find the need to…save those profiles of the width, so that you can then use them in other…pieces of your artwork.…For instance, on this particular document that I've got here I've created a…variable-width stroke on this leaf of the flower.…I want to utilize the same stroke on all of the different leaves, but I don't…want to take the time to redo the stroke each and every time.…So I'm going to utilize something called a width profile to get me there.…But first let's take a look at how we can utilize some of the built-in…profiles that are already existing inside of Illustrator to add a little…something extra to our artwork.…
I'll select this leaf here on the top, and I'll zoom in, and I'll add a dark green…stroke just the same color as I did over here.…You'll notice once I do that that I get options in my Control panel, one that…says Uniform and one that says Basic.…The Basic refers to the brush that you're currently using. I'm going to leave…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.