Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the type panels, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
If you really want to get serious about working with type inside of Illustrator,…you need to familiarize yourself with the type panels.…There is actually two of them: the Character, and the Paragraph panel.…In order to access these panels, you can do one of two things:…you can go to the Window menu, find the Type section, and open them, or you…can use the Control panel as well. Let's take a look.…I'll grab this bit of text right here, because I want to make some changes to it.…And you'll notice, up in my Control panel, I actually have a link right here…to the Character panel, and over here on the right, I have a link to the Paragraph panel.…Let's start off with the Character panel.…
I'll open it up, and inside, I get lots of different options.…I can actually choose the font, the font style, I can set the font size, change…the leading, set the kerning between two characters, set the tracking for a…selected range of characters, I can also change the Vertical and Horizontal…scaling for each individual letter, or a set of text, I can set the baseline…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.