Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the swatch groups, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you first begin to work with color inside of Illustrator, you'll notice…that Illustrator provides you with several different swatches that are already…pre-built into the Swatches panel.…However, they're not really organized with any rhyme or reason, except for…the two at the bottom.…You'll notice here that I have two little folder icons, one labeled Grays and…one labeled Brights.…The Grays folder displays all different levels of gray that I'm able to select,…while the Brights folder contains several bright colors that I'm able to use.…This as a great way to organize different swatches into small folders…called color groups.…
And in this movie, I'm going to show you how to start organizing your colors so…that you can better work with them here inside of Illustrator.…I'm going to drag out the Swatches panel so you can actually see what's going on…and I'll expand it out to give us some room.…In order to create a new color group inside of Illustrator, you'll find…this little icon here.…It looks a little manila folder.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.