Learn about the new subfolders export.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to look…at the new subfoldered export from the asset export panel,…with the items that I've added in the previous movies.…Now, I didn't name these while I was pulling them…into the asset export panel, but that's what…I want to do just now.…If you're adding them from the layers panel,…if you have them divided out, by the way just so you know,…it usually brings the layer name in with it.…But as I brought these in from the art board,…it's just called them asset.…
So I'm just going to double click each one here and name it,…so I'm just going to call that one a_logo,…and the underscore is important.…So this one, for example, will be sleeve_solo here…because it's on both, I've got another sleeve there,…and then this one will be hex.…The underscore is there for other operating systems,…and indeed for delivery to the web.…You don't want to have to run an operation…to add the underscores in.…Either make them one string with no gaps in,…or add underscores as I'm doing just here,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.