Learn about and use stylistic sets.
- [Instructor] If you're a seasoned InDesign user,…then the chances are you might actually be familiar…with stylistic sets already, as InDesign…has had support for them for a very long time,…and now that support is here in Illustrator.…If you've never come across them before,…stylistic sets are groups of alternate glyph shapes,…so character shapes if you like,…that can be applied to single characters,…or indeed ranges of text.…
We're going to examine them in this movie.…I'm using this document, if you don't have access to it,…use any of your own, just make sure you're using…some OpenType typefaces.…Here I'm using Trajan Color, which should be installed…with Photoshop and Illustrator,…and underneath that I'm using Hypatia sans pro,…which you can get from TypeKit.…Although any OpenType fonts of your own may well…have stylistic sets inside them.…So I'm going to examine them using two panels here.…
First of all I'm going to get the OpenType panel,…which is in the window menu, down to type,…and then choose OpenType from there.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.