Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using startup profiles, part of Illustrator CS6 New Features.
- View Offline
The world of design is constantly changing.…As designers, we must now be able to design not only for print and web, but also…for tablets, phones, and other devices as well.…One of the new features in Illustrator CS6 that will help you with this are the…new startup profiles.…Basically a startup profile is a set of document parameters that help you setup…your working environment for different types of projects.…Each time you go to create a new document in Illustrator, you have the option to…choose one of these profiles to help jumpstart your document.…You can make any kind of change you like along the way, but these are great…starting points for a multitude of workflows.…
If I go up to the File menu and choose New, the New Document dialog box opens.…Directly underneath the naming section you'll see a section labeled Profile.…Expanding this down will show you all of the different profiles that you…have available to you.…In previous versions of Illustrator, you were given a limited number of choices…
This course was updated on 10/04/2012.
- Adjusting the interface brightness
- Understanding updates to panels and preferences
- Creating a repeatable pattern
- Performing a basic trace
- Converting pixels to paths
- Understanding what 64-bit support means for you
- Introducing startup profiles
- Understanding the Save for Web changes
- Enhancing artwork with gradients on strokes
- Working with the improved Gaussian Blur