Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Using selection tools, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to cover…the Selection tools in Adobe Illustrator.…The first one is the black arrow;…and if you hover over it, it'll show you the name…which is called the Selection tool.…And you can see the shortcut for the tool there as well,…it's the letter v.…The way to use the Selection tool is just…to click on an object and drag it…into another location.…Very simple.…Another way you can use the Selection tool,…is to marquee select.…And what that means is click and drag…around all of the objects,…and then you can move them together.…
So if you need to select multiple objects,…one way to do it is to marquee select.…Another way to select multiple objects…is to use your shift key.…Select the first object,…hold the shift key,…and click on any additional objects…you'd like to include in your selection;…and then you can grab them and move them around your page.…So, we can individually select objects…or we can marquee select objects by clicking and dragging.…Now, marquee selecting an object,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.