Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using rulers, guides, and grids, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Setup and preparation are very important with any type of project.…After all you wouldn't expect an architect to start building a house without…blueprints now would you?…In this movie, I'll walk you through creating your own set of blueprints…utilizing rulers, guides and grids inside of Illustrator.…But first of all let's take a look at what these features actually are by…looking at this document here.…I've got the Grids and Guides document open and as you can see there are…already some guides out on screen.…These guides indicate exactly where the artwork is supposed to be in my document.…
Think of these in terms of boundaries that you want to constrain your art work within.…Creating these guides is actually very easy.…You simply find the rulers, which you can turn on by going to View and selecting…Rulers and then saying Hide or Show Rulers or you can simply use Ctrl+R or…Command+R on your keyboard, and once you have the Rulers open, you simply click…and drag out a new guide like you see here.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.